SEATTLE–(BUSINESS WIRE)–NanoString Applied sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:NSTG), a number one supplier of life science instruments for discovery and translational analysis, as we speak reported preliminary monetary and operational highlights for the fourth quarter and financial yr ended December 31, 2020.
“2020 was a transformative yr for NanoString, with researchers embracing spatial biology as a key modality, and NanoString because the chief within the subject with over 180 GeoMx devices ordered by prospects up to now. We had a powerful end to the yr with income exceeding expectations in each class, together with a sequential doubling in demand for GeoMx DSP consumables,” mentioned Brad Grey, President and CEO of NanoString. “With the anticipated 2021 launches of our Complete Transcriptome Atlas for GeoMx and a Expertise Entry Program for our new Spatial Molecular Imager, we imagine now we have a compelling portfolio of spatial biology options to supply researchers on this rising complete addressable market.”
- Up to date spatial biology strategic roadmap and long-term product imaginative and prescient at 2020 Investor and Analyst Day
- Unveiled the Spatial Molecular Imager, a brand new spatial biology platform able to measuring expression of 1,000+ genes at single-cell and sub-cellular decision
- Up to date spatial biology complete addressable market estimates, to roughly $12 billion throughout all product segments
- Introduced that spatially resolved transcriptomics had been chosen by main scientific journal Nature Strategiesas their 2020 “Methodology of the 12 months”
- Secured cumulative GeoMx orders exceeding 180 because the graduation of business launch together with greater than 25 new orders in This autumn
- Put in roughly 30 GeoMx programs in This autumn, rising the GeoMx put in base to roughly 130 programs as of December 31, 2020
- Generated $2.eight million in GeoMx consumables income in This autumn, a 100% sequential improve as in comparison with the third quarter of 2020
- Secured a document 87 new GeoMx TAP mission orders in This autumn, of which 37 will use our Complete Transcriptome Atlas with Subsequent Era Sequencing readout
- Concluded 2020 with an nCounter put in base of roughly 950 programs, a rise of roughly 13% over fiscal yr 2019
- Recorded important milestone of continued analysis momentum for nCounter platform, with complete scientific publications now exceeding 4,000
For the fourth quarter of 2020, product and repair income is predicted to be $35.7 million, exceeding the higher finish of the corporate’s steering vary of $31 to $34 million. Anticipated fourth quarter product and repair income consists of nCounter income of $23.5 million, exceeding the higher finish of the Firm’s nCounter income steering of $21 to $23 million, and GeoMx income of $12.2 million, exceeding the higher finish of the Firm’s GeoMx income steering of $10 to $11 million.
Product and repair income for the total yr 2020 is predicted to be $111.Four million, together with $76.5 million of nCounter income and $34.9 million of GeoMx income.
Money and short-term investments totaled roughly $440 million as of December 31, 2020.
About NanoString Applied sciences, Inc.
NanoString Applied sciences is a number one supplier of life science instruments for discovery and translational analysis. The corporate’s nCounter® Evaluation System is utilized in life sciences analysis and has been cited in additional than 4,000 peer-reviewed publications. The nCounter Evaluation System presents a cheap strategy to simply profile the expression of a whole bunch of genes, proteins, miRNAs, or copy quantity variations, concurrently with excessive sensitivity and precision, facilitating all kinds of fundamental analysis and translational medication purposes, together with biomarker discovery and validation. The corporate’s GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler permits highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in quite a lot of pattern sorts, together with FFPE tissue sections.
This information launch accommodates forward-looking statements inside the that means of Part 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Part 21E of the Securities Change Act of 1934 and the Personal Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements embrace statements relating to our preliminary estimates of fourth quarter and financial yr 2020 working outcomes and monetary situation, expectations for demand for our merchandise and development in our enterprise, the anticipated launch of our Complete Transcriptome Atlas for GeoMx and a Expertise Entry Program for our Spatial Molecular Imager know-how, the impression of latest merchandise and enlargement into new markets and the expansion trajectory of our nCounter and GeoMx franchises. Such statements are based mostly on present assumptions that contain dangers and uncertainties that might trigger precise outcomes and outcomes to vary materially. These dangers and uncertainties, a lot of that are past our management, embrace the chance that our precise monetary outcomes for the three months and yr ended December 31, 2020 differ from the estimates introduced on this information launch; market acceptance of our merchandise; delays or denials of regulatory approvals or clearances for merchandise or purposes; the extent and period of the impression of the COVID-19 pandemic and adversarial circumstances within the common home and international financial markets; the impression of competitors; the impression of expanded gross sales, advertising, product growth and scientific actions on working bills; delays or different unexpected issues with respect to manufacturing and product growth; in addition to the opposite dangers set forth in our filings with the Securities and Change Fee. These forward-looking statements communicate solely as of the date hereof. NanoString Applied sciences disclaims any obligation to replace these forward-looking statements.
The NanoString brand, NanoString, NanoString Applied sciences, GeoMx, and nCounter are logos or registered logos of NanoString Applied sciences, Inc., in the US and/or different international locations.